Monday, May 18, 2009

"Through Memories and Dreams"

Yesterday, after church and lunch, followed parents on a mall hunt. Mom was looking for some discount crocs. First stop was Jaya One, in Section 13, PJ. The place resembles Queens Park back here with the open-air-mall concept, though the buildings are much higher. (They even had an underground carpark...)
This is only one part of the courtyard...

After that, headed over to Ikano Power Centre. Stopped by The Curve along the way too. Alas, at both destinations, I spent the most time at their bookstores. Popular in Ikano, and Borders at The Curve. In the end, I came back home with a book or two, while the rest of the family had other stuff...
____________________

Diagnostic Exams have resumed. This week, F4, U6, and F3 join the fray. (F3 later, on Wednestday) My class had only one paper today, Engi. Drawing, unlike other classes with two-part papers. This left us with the entire session before recess to do... well...

I forgotten my pencil case at home, which limited the amount of things I could do. Bad news was that my flexible ruler and compass were in there. Fortunately, before the Engi. Drawing paper, I managed to get some basic stationary from the bookshop and patched up a crude compass. Si Ying also lent me her French curves for the paper; She prefered to use her Flexi-ruler. (Thanks very much, Si Ying)
____________________

Lower Sixes started classes today. This meant their prefects started duty as well. I got to meet up and chat with my Seniors Yen Chin, Hon Sim, Kiritharan, and Haziq in the morning and before recess. A lot has changed since we last met...

Also, after school, at the library, I got to meet up with another Senior Cochranean, Yen Hooi. This was when while I was reading in the library, a swarm of Lower Sixes came in, accompanied by a teacher. We chatted a bit, until I left to head back down to the prefect room... (By the way, there's a TinTin comic in the library. Man, my dad used to love those...)

____________________

Met up with Kak Lai Yee again in the prefects' room, where we hung out until it was time to go...

____________________

Apparently I unearthed a distant memory over the weekend. Anyone here remember Tamiya's Mini 4WD racers? Back when I was in Standard 5, those things were a reall hit. There were competitions all over the place. I only entered one up to date, but I had a whole toolbox-full of parts and cars!

Anyway, the memory unearthed when at Ikano, I saw a mini RC racing course. Granted, it's not exactly the same, but the connection's there anyway. So, yesterday evening, I spent some time on LEGO Digital Designer doing this:


Also, I found this video on Youtube. Man, how I used to try my best to catch every episode of the series...


No comments: