Friday, January 16, 2009

"Tech Support"

An interesting little experience today. I was looking for Pn. Rafidah's table to get the sample shirt with which to design our Prefects' shirt. (Work in progress!)

So I found the shirts, and two of my fellow prefects came in on other business. When they were going out, Pn. Rohizan, who was working at one the PC nearby, asked them if they could, or knew anyone, who could be of a little Tech support. Immediately, they pointed to me, who was still checking out the shirts.

So, she explained her problem, and I set to work. (She was practically begging me not to leave until I helped her finish) It was nothing more than a little trouble with the page settings. That, and she wasn't used to the latest version of Word (Neither am I, but I'm a quick study ;-) ). So, after a little settings adjustment, it came out right, and she had what she needed.

But after that, she also asked me to briefly explain to her how to eject a USB flash drive, and how to deal with Anti-virus popus. After that was done, She thanked me, and we both went our separate ways. Alas, I forgotten to take back the sample shirts from Pn. Rafidah. Fret not, fellow prefects, for I have good memory, though fortunately, there's school tomorrow, so I can still go and take back the sample shirts.

Hmm, my dad once told me that one can charge RM100 for even ten minutes of tech support and/or lessons. One of the many options to ponder on the journey of Life...

By the way, if can spare the time, do hop over to this blog's sister site, at www.resolution-comics.blogspot.com. My recently started comics project could use a little more publicity...

No comments: