Right, so the teachers couldn't agree on the colours for the prefects' shirt design (despite the design being painfully obvious in font of their faces), and at one point they even asked me whether I prefered the previous design or the newer design! The nerve! After having to stay up until 12.00 to design the 2nd version, they still dare give me the freedom to choose between my designs??? Not only that, a while later they even actually considered removing one of the colours from my 3-colour design! What's worse, abg Sathya & Bainun actually agreed with them! I mean, I can understand the teachers and all their time-wasting bureaucracy, but my fellow High Exco-ers??? Haven't I suffered enough, witnessing my own design being debated over???
Luckily, Kak Lai Yee wanted to see a teacher, so when she offered to me to follow, I quickly jumped on board. And I didn't go back until the evening, except to unload my bag after school. (It's hard to release stress in the presence of enemies) Fortunately, I had my ICT duties to perform, so I had something else to focus on for a while...
Alas, at 3.30, I went back down to the prefects' room. This time, all my "enemies" are gone, which decreases the pressure a bit. A few moments later, the Tan sisters came in, finished with Yellow house practice. After a few consoling words from Kak Lai Yee, we parted ways and headed for home.
I would like to take this tme to acknowledge what a good friend she is. Even as the teachers and the other two High Exco prefects were busy tearing my heart out, she tried to remain neutral to not offend me, and even tried to push me to vindicate my design. Not only that. as I reached my home, and she hers, she SMSed me to try and comfort me. After a few kind words, and a really long conversation later, I guess you can say I've been comforted. (Even the Counsellor needs counselling sometimes...)Hey, if I have to get my "Artist's Heart" ripped out to have a heart-to-heart conversation with her, it's worth it, kinda, maybe, probably..... Well, as Harvey Dent put it, "the night is darkest just before the dawn" (who knew Dark Knight dialogue was so philosophical...)
Thanks a bunch, Kak Lai Yee! For everything today :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment