Monday, January 26, 2009

"Fortuno Novus Annus"

*The title is broken Latin for "Happy New Year!"

So, like every year, we went over to my grandparents' house to celebrate. And, also like every year, we went together to my late great-grandfather's house (which has now been converted to a temple) to meet and greet with the rest of the family. (It's a really big family) Below are pictures of the house / temple (which is on a hill) and of the side entrance. (It's along Jalan Bukit Tinggi, by the way)


Also, we had lunch at the house / temple. Vegetarian. Complete with vegetarian "meat" fillets. Ugh. (the fillets completely fooled me)

Later we went over to my mother's side of the family, where we spent some time and had a few post-lunch snacks (I doubt vegetarian can actually be filling). After a while, when all was done, we decided to head for home.

Doesn't sound like we did a lot. Rest assured, there's plenty of things we did while meeting relatives. (mostly catching up, and collecting "Moolah" X-D ) Normally, though, I can't do very much since a lot of them converse in Cantonese or Mandarin. But somehow, I think this year they've finally adjusted as to which family member speaks what, since our family was approached in English most of the time. I also noticed that the number of English speakers in the family has increased......

Picture was taken at my mother's family's house. Thanks to my aunt for helping! Oh, and as you can see, I'm wearing my new festive shirt we bought yesterday. Now I don't have to borrow my father's one anymore every time the school has some special occasions where traditional attire is needed. And... look closely at my left shoulder to see my new hat! (might need to click on picture to view full size...)

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!

No comments: