Naturally, I built something to fit the festive theme. Here's.......... an ox.
No, really. It really is just an ox. A completely red ox, with golden eyes:
The ox grazes in the plains:
King of the rock!
The ox climbs a tree???
Wondering where I got the zen garden scenery? Well, today there was a family gathering at my late great-grandmother's resting site in Nilai, which we had to miss church for..... I took a few pictures. Here's one:
Lighting's not so good (It hardly is this early in the morning, which was around nine-ish), but this is the place where the late family matriarch, Datin See Ah Siew now rests in peace.Oh, and last night we had dinner with my grandparents on my father's side, along with cousins Andrew, Stefanie & their family. Twas' at some Chinese restaurant near Desa Waterpark. The restaurant overlooks a lake. (Actually, it's now the retention pond for flood water that comes out of the SMART Tunnel) While there, I believe I have captured my best (or rather, only) lakeside landscape picture so far:
Photography's not really my thing, I believe cousin Elaine has more enthusiasm and skill in that field. But I do like to try out stuff whenever I can...Anyway, after Nilai, our family hit Sungei Wang, BB Plaza, and Pavilion, in that order. The primary objective was a traditional-style shirt for me (so I don't have to go borrow my father's one anymore everytime a special occasion comes up). Alas, like all Malaysians, we ended up with a few more stuff that planned. (For me twas' two leisure books. Can't really remember about the rest of the family, though)
Right, there's a dinner later tonight, with my mother's family this time. So, right now, I'm gonna take a rest. All my friends are probably at some other states right now to spend their holidays. That just leaves a minute few of us, who have our "hometowns" no more than 30 minutes away from us. Hm... I wonder if there's anyone *cough*treasurer*cough* I should try to get to spend time with during this holiday.....
Quote of the day:
"Hey, maybe you should leave your toy here and let 'Ah Ma' play with it!"
-One of my grand-uncles, joking about late Great-Grandmother and my ox. Dad says our family's wicked sense of humour is genetically-linked.....
UPDATE : Came back from dinner. We went to Oriental, at the new Jaya 33 building. The dinner was nothing much, but check out what we saw at the main lobby on the way in:
An actual Audi TT Coupe! Me and Jon had fun posing and taking each other's pictures. (You're gonna have to ask him to see his picture though...)HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR !
No comments:
Post a Comment