Monday, January 12, 2009

"Gravity Hurts"

I did battle with gravity, and gravity won.

Have no idea what I mean? Well, today was the first day of sports' practice. I was late, due to Chess Club activities, but I did manage to make it just in time for the 100 m dash. So, we dashed off. Along the way, my vision started to blur, probably due to tiredness. But anyway, I still managed to keep my pace, until the final moments, when I lost my foot-eye coordination, and in effect, had one leg trip over the other. (the signal for "lift your leg!" didn't make it to the leg in time)

So I tumbled head over heels, with nothing more than a few mere stains on my shirt. Believe it or not, I actually still managed to make it past the 15 second time limit! Too bad it wasn't as flashy when I was in Form 2. Back then, the field was wet, so out of sheer humour, I practically launched myself with both feet and dove towards the finish line. (and slid quite a distance doing it)

Well, that's pretty much it about my duel with Gravity. And to add to the humour, here's a music video, with the same name as today's post.


The keyboard's coming along nicely. I can now play the treble parts of Bach's Minuet, a bit of Mozart, and some other songs. And by ear, too... ;-)

No comments: