Sunday, January 11, 2009

"Memento Musical"

Quite a musical week I had. First, I read our BM literature novel, "Konserto Terakhir", a tragically sad story, with  some excitement in it. In short, it's about a village boy who moves to the city, discovers an innate musical ability, faces the trials of life, develops his musical ability, becomes an uprising proffessional, becomes famous, faces even more trials of life, becomes country's number one, scheduled to perform at the grandest concerto in the country of all time and...

Well, let's not spoil whatever I hadn't spoiled yet. Anyway, yesterday, we had some renovation work done around the house (merely a few extra wall shelves and a water heater for the second bathroom). In the process, my father found an old keyboard. Man, I haven't touched that thing since, well, kindergarten! Immediately, old memories flooded back, coupled with a sense of joy that my house does have a "piano-like" instrument after all! (I never told anyone, but since almost every YFer's house I've been to has a piano, I felt kinda left out)

Jon decided to have a hand in it (He can now play "Noel" and "Mary did You Know", albeit rustily). Then I tried it out, and played some songs that I used to play on my old Recorder, and even some new tunes as well (also albeit rustily). I always had a feeling that I inherited some form of my parents' musical genes. (Mom & Dad are quite established musicians, they used to play for their old church) Wonder how far can I progress on my own.....

Well, that's all for now. (Jon's practising even as I type this) Until next time!

No comments: