Friday, January 23, 2009

"Mixed Batch"

Stupid new prefects' room padlock.

Once again, I got stuck with having to wait for the Juniors to empty the room before I could lock it properly. And me being the "nice Counsellor" and all, I patiently waited until the Juniors finished their assembly before going home. At 3.30 pm. When I could have left at 2.00 pm (Good thing the room is comfortable enough for an hour-and-a-half nap)...

Seriously, Capt? V. Capt? (Bainun, you're excluded because you don't hold a key) I have just about locked the door every single day this week! When will the "Rotation" actually start??? I can't be expected to stay back every single day! Mondays, Tuesdays, & Thursdays, yes, because of societies, clubs, and ICT Brigade duties. Wednesday, maybe yes, 'cause of my meeting with the Jr Prefects. But Fridays is my big no, 'cause I have tuition later on Friday (Today was fortunate, because of the holidays)...

Sigh..... Then again, why do I stay back every day just to lock up? Maybe it's because I can't yet trust those other two key-holders to actually remember about the prefects' room (Like on Monday & Tuesday). Especially the one who actually bought the padlock in the first place. He has yet to display any form of concern at all for my little plight }:-(

Kak Lai Yee does show some concern for me, anyway... She's been trying to get that somewhat ignorant (or purposefully forgetful) V. Capt to find a way to ease my responsibility of locking the door... At least someone's looking out for me...

________________________________________


By the way, I saw abg Ryan at his new job today. 2nd time I saw him this year. He works at one of those electrical trading stores in town. I owe him quite a bit for where I am today:
- 1st person to teach me about canteen duty, and prefects' punishment, back during my probation.
- Was the one I replaced last year in the prefects' marching squad for sports day, when we actually won...
- Taught me about the assembly manager post (held by high-excos & discipline posts) last year, shortly before installation.
- Sold me his blazer. Makes me one of the only few prefects to wear hand-me-down blazers.
Many thanks to him for the part he played in my prefectorial life.

________________________________________


My dad bought a new radio this week. It's one of those "antique"-style radios, with cassette player and frequency adjuster. Here's a picture:


Now I have something to listen too when I use the PC. By the way, did you know that the human body can conduct radio waves? I'm not kidding! Whenever there's static on the radio, and I adjust the antenna, as long as my hand touches the antenna, there's no static. But once I remove my hand, the static comes back! Hey, nobody told me that our bodies can conduct radio waves!

* Happy Chinese New Year everybody! Don't worry, the furthest I'll be going is PJ for the holidays. (Benefits of having your parents' families live one in PJ Old Town, and the other near Pantai Dalam, KL)

No comments: