____________________
It was a day like a regular day. Well, except for the spotcheck in the morning. Which was really more of a test for the upcoming board. Which didn't really end very well. Which led to a meeting that lasted all morning, just to right their wrongs and leave some spotchecking tips. Talk about last minute lessons...
____________________
Skip over to after recess. The Seniors were requested to stay back a while, and the reason soon became apparent. We were going "shopping" again. This time though, only the Seniors were involved. I was a little puzzled at this, until near the end, when I finally figured out why. It turns out that it wasn't so much as looking for a target, it was more of the other Seniors wanting to have a little more fun before retiring. (I wanted to slap my forehead at this realization...)
Quote:
Quote:
Me : I think they're enjoying the spotcheck a little too much...
Azrul : *cheeky grin*
____________________
Oh, and somewhere in between all that, me and Francken were surprised to find out the Poetry recital competition was today. At the same time as the spotcheck. We managed to catch 5 minutes each to recite our poems. Though, to be honest, I kinda fumbled mine. Not sure about Francken though. (He borrowed one of my poems, since he left his at home) I doubt I'll be getting anything much with the fumbling of my own poem, "Memory Dream". (Search it in this blog's archives. Try, November 2008)
____________________
Immediately after the spotcheck was the full rehearsal for Monday's installation ceremony. Well, it would have been full, if not for the fact that some prefects weren't around...
I finally managed to deny myself enough to let go a bit on the traditions that I held onto so strongly, out of respect for teacher, and my fellow Seniors...
Quote :
Alas, in the grand scheme of things, sacrifice is unavoidable. There are those who were sacrificed because they were not good enough, and there are those who choose to sacrifice themselves. The only thing I can say is, "What a waste."
Immediately after the spotcheck was the full rehearsal for Monday's installation ceremony. Well, it would have been full, if not for the fact that some prefects weren't around...
I finally managed to deny myself enough to let go a bit on the traditions that I held onto so strongly, out of respect for teacher, and my fellow Seniors...
Quote :
"Change if we think it's not good, change for a better future"However, a little something else erupted along that vein. I'd rather not go into detail...
Alas, in the grand scheme of things, sacrifice is unavoidable. There are those who were sacrificed because they were not good enough, and there are those who choose to sacrifice themselves. The only thing I can say is, "What a waste."
____________________
Later in the day, when most of the uncertainties have almost been sorted out, a few of us prefects followed Pn. Rafidah & En. Zainuddin to Gleaneagles, Ampang to check up on a good friend...
Kinda ironic that my dad was just across the road over in Great Eastern, Ampang, and that the road we used to get there & come back is the same one my dad frequently uses to go to Ampang & back, whether for work or otherwise...
(Kak Lai Yee seemed very intent on getting me out of the car on the way back when I pointed these out...)
Kinda ironic that my dad was just across the road over in Great Eastern, Ampang, and that the road we used to get there & come back is the same one my dad frequently uses to go to Ampang & back, whether for work or otherwise...
(Kak Lai Yee seemed very intent on getting me out of the car on the way back when I pointed these out...)
____________________
Quote :
"This universe, like all others, demands a price from its heroes."
-Bionicle Legends 10 : Swamp of Secrets-
____________________
"This is your life. Are you who you want to be?"
"This is your life. Are you who you want to be?"
No comments:
Post a Comment