Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"Clinging On To Hope"

A blade, sharp, right through the heart
How I wish it were a dream
Yet, I know, I am well awake
For the pain, indeed is real

How is it, I couldn’t see
Blinded, blurred, clarity went south
Too far apart, irreconcilable
Fading fast, the candle dies out

Tried as I might, to rekindle the flame
Once, twice, far more than three
Perhaps, ‘twas the hardest blow
When you had lost all faith in me

“Don’t let me go,” I insisted
“It’s far too late,” away you turned
“Give me a chance,” once more I tried
“I give… up,” your final word

Shards & fragments, all that remain
Yet I shall not let go, but cope
Hanging by a breaking thread
Clinging on to remnants of hope


____________________

Hard to believe, but I didn't really plan to be so poetic this week. It's simply because there are events that have transpired which I'd rather not (and probably not allowed to) say too much about. So, my poems are all I have...

And the prerequisite Youtube video, of course...

No comments: