No idea what I'm saying? Never mind, I'll elaborate.
____________________
Earlier today, while I was happily sleeping away, (Saturday morning, I have every right to sleep in) a message came in on my phone. At 7.45 am. Repeat, 7.45 am. With my phone next to my bed, I was obviously woken up. The conversation went something like this :
Earlier today, while I was happily sleeping away, (Saturday morning, I have every right to sleep in) a message came in on my phone. At 7.45 am. Repeat, 7.45 am. With my phone next to my bed, I was obviously woken up. The conversation went something like this :
(Reminder, this was at 7.45 am)
Kiritharan : Nick, who has the prefects' room key?
Me : Only the highest exco have it.
Kiritharan : Erm, can I borrow it from you? We need something in the prefects' room for the campfire tonight.
Me : (unspoken : You have got to be kidding me)
.................... a minute or two later ....................
Me : I'll bring it over after lunch.
Kiritharan : Thanks a lot, Nick.
Me : (goes back to sleep)
____________________
True enough, after lunch, I did go to school, open the room, let the Scouts take what they left inside there, and locked it back up. Then, I was on my merry way to Youth Fellowship...
Along the way, I got another call from abg Yen Chin...
Along the way, I got another call from abg Yen Chin...
(2.00 pm +/- )
Yen Chin : Nick, where are you now?
Me : Already left KL.
Yen Chin : Hah? But I just saw you just now...
Me : Yalah, just left already loh...
Yen Chin : What time you coming back?
Me : Late. Around 10.00 pm like that.
Yen Chin : Oh, never mind lah. I thought can ask you to open the prefects' room for us to take something out.
Me : But abg Kiri already called me this morning. I opened the room for him already.
Yen Chin : Really ah? Okay, never mind.
____________________
I haven't been to YF in a while, so it's only fair I try to spend as much time in fellowship as possible. Just my luck, the next presentation is coming up soon, so today we're starting the shooting for the show, of which Jon is a main character. Shooting began after YF, after we had some fun with a frisbee in the compound outside of church...
Now, here's the clincher. Remember what I said at the start of the post? I promised Kak Lai Yee I would try to make it to the campfire, and I told her I would be late. (very late; around 10 pm) Gan says the shooting should end no more that 9, so I figure it's enough time to make the one hour journey back home. Who would have known we would spend a little too much time shooting. When I left church, it was 9.40 pm...
Chasing time. It's never a wise thing to do. After all the trains, I managed to arrive just in time for the last performance. (I noted that several groups were leaving already) Bumped into Kak Xiao Fen, who mentioned that Kak Lai Yee was looking for me. Sure enough, when I went into the field, I managed to find her. (or rather, she managed to find me; I'm not good with crowds...) This was around 11.00 pm...
And so we spent whatever remained of the campfire event. When it was all over, (11.30) she left for home, and so did I.
So, the lesson? Never chase time, because "Time waits for no man". Oh, and Kak Lai Yee, sorry again for being late...
Now, here's the clincher. Remember what I said at the start of the post? I promised Kak Lai Yee I would try to make it to the campfire, and I told her I would be late. (very late; around 10 pm) Gan says the shooting should end no more that 9, so I figure it's enough time to make the one hour journey back home. Who would have known we would spend a little too much time shooting. When I left church, it was 9.40 pm...
Chasing time. It's never a wise thing to do. After all the trains, I managed to arrive just in time for the last performance. (I noted that several groups were leaving already) Bumped into Kak Xiao Fen, who mentioned that Kak Lai Yee was looking for me. Sure enough, when I went into the field, I managed to find her. (or rather, she managed to find me; I'm not good with crowds...) This was around 11.00 pm...
And so we spent whatever remained of the campfire event. When it was all over, (11.30) she left for home, and so did I.
So, the lesson? Never chase time, because "Time waits for no man". Oh, and Kak Lai Yee, sorry again for being late...
____________________
No comments:
Post a Comment