But no, we will not disappear. God will not let his followers down. Hebrews 13:5 says, "...For He Himself has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.'” And in Matthew 28:20, Jesus says, "...lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age. Amen." No, God will not, and never will abandon those who are faithful to Him.
Two weeks in a row, we managed to have successful CF meetings. Heck, for both weeks, we even had visitors! It is definitely true when the Bible says "With God, all things are possible."
Our lessons for this part of the year is about Faith. I believe only God can turn the very thing we are teaching into the very thing we need. And we really needed to have faith in God to handle our CF. In the end, our faith in Him bore fruit, and I can boldly declare, by the power of God, our CF is back!
Hebrews 11:1 - "Now, faith is the substance of things not seen, the evidence of things not heard."
God is also gracious enough to send people to encourage us to "keep on with what we're doing". Whenever we go through hard times, it always helps to have a little faith, even faith "as small as a mustard seed".
*Today our worship session was heard all the way in the Editorial Board meeting down the corridor. Hmm... I wonder if we should sing louder next week...
No comments:
Post a Comment