Monday, March 16, 2009

"Bricks for Battle"

Woke up at 9.40 today. When you start dreaming of school during the holidays, you know it's time to wake up...

Anyway, a little warning: Today's post is all about LEGO. You've been informed.

First off, on Friday night, I was inspired to build something. The result is this:

Something thought up in my spare time. Somehow I'm always fascinated to an angelic-white-and-yellow/gold colour scheme...

Now, for something which might incline you to either slap your foreheads, or marvel in awe:

7714 GOLDEN GUARDIAN
Yes, I did buy another LEGO set. I got this on Sunday at Toys'R'Us, Mid Valley after church. This is the first time in over a year that I didn't opt to get a Bionicle set. Now, I'm sure you're wondering why it's a "Limited Gold Edition". Well, this particular set is a store exclusive. Only Toys'R'Us are licensed to sell it. Some kind of marketing strategy, I guess. The eagle-eyed of you would have noticed the RM129.95 price tag near the top, which I neglected to remove. Also, the picture doens't do it justice, but the box is incredibly shiny! As in Chromium-level shiny. Okay, now that I've got that out of my system, let's move on.

As you can see, it looks quite valiant in its own right. One of the weapons actually launches too. Once again, though it's not clear in the pictures, some of the gold elements are incredibly shiny! (Hey, I can't help it. It's gold, and it's shiny!) Search around the internet (particularly LEGO.com) for a storyline description about this mechanical might.

Also, even the minifigure's armour is... you've guessed it, shiny! Oh, and the wacky hair is LEGO's way of mixing Anime-style hair into LEGO...

Well, I guess that's all for now. Sometime's it's interesting to see bricks used to create battles. So, until next time!

No comments: