Marching practice throughout the week. Yeah. Sports Day is on this Saturday. Double yeah. Our team is not yet ready. Triple yeah...
Today especially was quite a dark day, both literally and figuratively. The sun hardly shone throughout the day. It was cloudy mixed with drizzles all day long. And it seems that it had an effect on everyone in school. I mean, everyone seemed to be on edge today...
Take for example, Quote:
Lunch after school...Of course, everyone else was on edge for different reasons. Fortunately, due to Sports' Day rehearsals, we barely studied yesterday and today. (Thank you, Pn. Leena, for two days of rest at the last period!) Of course, that can't make up for the incredibly strenuous practices and rehearsals...
Me : Why is your expression as dark as the sky?
Fiona : Oh, very tired loh...
So, two days in a row this week, I went to Jusco after school. The first, yesterday, was to accompany Kak Lai Yee and her sister to shop for white gloves and gold paper. It was... an enlightening experience ;)
The second, was today, after I was asked by Kak Lai Yee to go buy more gold paper since we ran out. So, I walked together with Fiona, Faiz, KenYung WaiYan, SiYing, & Fatin. Before that, Fiona was continuously offering to go buy in my place (she was going there anyway), but I turned her down; Maybe because I preferred some company... Unfortunately, when we got to the stationary department, the gold paper that we saw yesterday had run out! Fiona & KenYung told me that there was a stationary shop near their tuition centre that should also sell gold paper, so I surrendered the task to them...
Then we all headed over to McD's and had tea-time. Well, except Faiz, he disappeared halfway. I had McD's newest Oreo Mudpie Mcflurry, combination of the Oreo & Cornetto chocolate Mcflurries. Before that, I took the liberty of watching over our bags while they bought their snacks, and it ended up comically. Que Quote :
Fiona : You not eating ah?So, we chatted, we ate, we drank, we set up each other for platonic situations ;D , and had our laughs. Later, when it was time to leave, Fiona asked me how I was going home. When I replied that I'll be walking, she shot a concerned look at me. So, in traditional guy fashion, I reassured her that I'll be fine. Then I parted with them for home, while all five of them headed for the LRT station.
Me : Jaga bag first mah.
Fiona : (to others) Yer, why you all so mean to him one?
Everyone, including me : *Innocent smiles*
It feels kinda weird, though. It's as if she could see right through me, even though I didn't say much due to tiredness. I guess it's probably a good thing?
So, when the dark storm rises as Sports' Day draws nearI see the light at the end of the tunnel, that is my friends, and I shall have no fear
Final Quote:
Me : This is the latest time I've ever gone home at (5.00 pm)And for entertainment:
Fiona : This is normal... Next time we make you stay until 7.00.
Me : Then what, after that 8? 9? 10?
Fiona : *smiles*
Everyone else : *interested grins*
You'd never know what a foreign language song (even from a kid's show like Digimon) really means until you've read the translated lyrics...
PS : Fiona's gonna kill me when she finds out that I went and secretly bought some gold papers at a stationary shop outside Jusco after we parted...
No comments:
Post a Comment