At around 9 plus, the festivities began. Well, there wasn't much of a ceremony, just food and fellowship. And yeah, there was a lot of food. Laksa, fried noodles, nasi dagang, satay, and some other stuff I don't know the names off.
After a decent meal, Kak Lai Yee had to go off due to the Mooncake Festival. That was around 10.00, while I remained in school.
During that time, quite a few interesting things happened. Lots of folks kept appraising me on my choice of outfit. Teachers, friends, the Principal, heck even the Editorial Board snapped shots.
It was mostly Malays who showed up. Chinese fellas were far and few between. Even so, that didn't stop the likes of Bruce and Andrew.
Quote:
Me : Andrew's here too.
Bruce : Yeah, I think he was influenced by the words "free" and "food".
Both look to see Andrew stalk around the compound for more food.
Other than that, I managed to have some fun with the other F5 fellas. And accompanying Andrew on his "jalan-jalan cari makan". (I think the amount of lime syrup I drank is equal to his volume of food consumed)
Oh, did I mention it rained all morning? I think I consumed more than my fair share of rainwater...
After 12.00, I left to go home and to prepare for YF.
Oh, and here's the outfit I was talking about :
Aside from Chantelly, I was the only other traditional Chinese-dressed guy at the event...

No comments:
Post a Comment