Thursday, October 15, 2009

"Archive Me This"

There's a saying among Christians; "God is always the same, so whenever you feel far away from him, guess which one of you moved?"

____________________

It rained heavily when school finished. Thanks to Lai Yee's dad, we managed to go for lunch without getting wet. (Or in my case, too wet) Since I left my bag outside the library, the big question along the way was how am I gonna go home in the rain?

While lunching over at Kopi G, I prayed a silent prayer, that the rain will stop after we have our lunch. The good Lord be praised, the rain did stop as we were having lunch. A pleasant surprise indeed. (Though later Lai Yee's dad would have dropped me off in school himself anyway...)

When one hasn't been in touch with his Maker for a while, it can be a little... difficult to "call home". But God doesn't care how long you've been away. All that matter's is that you make it back home in the end. And so I thank God, for answering even as simple a prayer as making the rain stop. Because it's the little things that make up the big picture.




____________________

Festival break's here again. Deepavali this time. We get tomorrow until Monday off. After that, it's the endgame...

Happy Deepavali!

No comments: