Saturday, February 14, 2009

"Memory Valentine"

A day of all sorts on February 14th...

First, there was school. (I know, school, on a Saturday, on Valentine's Day...*sigh*) Somehow, even with the severely diminished number of students, the teachers were actually hyped to teach! It's not easy trying to sleep when the teachers want to teach... ;-)

Then, there was Youth Fellowship. Thanks to a bright idea, most of us dressed up in semi-formal attire for YF. It was... interesting... Oh, and it's also my brother's first time in a YF meeting! :-D After YF, almost all the girls went out for a little Girl's Night Out. (seriously, no guys were allowed...) And what did we guys do? Meh, nothing much...

Though, my family did have dinner with some old friends. (Even long time friends from my parents youth days) This was one of the more interesting parts of the day. It was really uplifting to talk and share about how God has been working in our lives. We also had some words of encouragement for each other, and had a really wonderful time of fellowship. I guess this was God's Valentine gift to us this year...

*Yawn* Huh, I'm dead tired now. So, what - if anything - did I do that was even remotely related to celebrating Valentine's? Well, nothing more than a simple pack of chocolates for a friend, thanks to one of the LEO Club's activities. (Thanks Debbie, Weng Fei and gang) And to that friend, you're welcome, and Happy Valentine's Day! :-)

The night is young, the day is fine
To all ye partakers, I wish Thee, a Happy Valentine!

No comments: