Wednesday, February 18, 2009

"The Eleventh Hour..."

Okay, here's the deal. Our oh-so-nice teachers (every single one of them) are rushing all the clubs & societies to quickly update the notice boards. Why, this week alone, I've seen who knows how many teacher advisors scouring around the school, looking at their club's notice boards, then immediately going off to look for the committee if it wasn't updated...

Somehow, I have been spared the pressure. Neither Pn. Cheah nor Pn. Goh have pressured us to do up the CF notice board. Though, that doesn't mean I can escape it; Reminders have been flying high and wide during morning assemblies. And today, the teachers gathered together all the presidents and secretaries of all the clubs and societies for yet another reminder. This time, we finally found out why the teachers were getting high-strung...

Apparently, if a certain club doesn't update their notice board by tomorrow, the teacher advisor of that club will be called out in this Friday's morning meeting, like what the teacher's do every Friday. Guess that's why everyone's in such a rush...

The funny thing: Even teacher advisors of games societies (Eg: Football, Badminton, etc...) are rushing their commitees to do up the boards. The irony? Not a single games society has a notice board. This time, I wasn't exempted, as my Chess club teacher advisor kept reminding me about the board. Obviously, I was confused like everyone else, as after being here for, like, 4 years plus, I've never seen the Chess Club's notice board. When I told this to her, she told me to look for the teacher in charge of notice boards. So, I did, and she confirmed what I already knew, that no games society has a notice board. Looks like I'll have to see my teacher advisor tomorrow.

Oh, and Pn. Cheah, Pn. Goh? You need not worry. The board's already updated...

And I wasn't the only one to update it today. The Chinese Club, prefects, and who else were also updating today. Only a small number have done so prior to today. There are still a lot of clubs who haven't, though. Looks like there's gonna be a major "Construction Work" tomorrow afternoon. Good thing I didn't keep till the Eleventh Hour...

____________________


Stupid handphone's busted again. This time, my dad took it to repair, and looks like this time's for good. I really hope it doesn't go down on me again. It's been down since Monday night...

No comments: