Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"Seminar-y"

Too blog, or not to blog?

Might as well, since I've already started.

Anyway, nothing much today. Well, there was that seminar in the morning for our SPM BM paper. Pretty normal stuff. Well, actually, not so normal, because whatever tips the speaker gave, my own BM class teacher gave us just last week! I guess we know where my teacher got his techniques from...

At the end of the seminar, we were offered an invitation to an intensive BM course this Sunday. It's at Universiti Malaya. Despite supposedly being a so-called "Super-Course" as claimed by the speaker, here's my argument on my decision:
- Arguments For:
- Improve abilities on BM paper
- Precision forecasting on this year's BM paper
- Nifty souvenirs, including a code to obtain follow-up notes online

- Arguments Against:
- It's 10 hours long (8am - 6pm)
- It's on a Sunday (Priority to church. Plus, there's B&T on that Sunday)
- My BM's already good and consistent
- If my class teacher knows most, if not all, of their techniques (and he does), it kinda renders the exclusiveness as naught (personal idiom: "Trust in your own teacher")
- I really don't trust "fortune-teller" paper forecasts, precise as they may be
- I would have just gone for a co-curricular-related event the previous day, which would most likely render me in need of rest (and not cramping into a lecture hall for 10 hours)
- God as my wisdom, plus my own part of the effort, is all that I need

So, there you have it. The reasons for why I am not attending that 10-hour course this Sunday. Of course, that's just me.

_____________________


*sigh* Yet another shoutbox reply session:
-@WaiYan : Admit to what? What's there to admit?
-@KenYung : Friend, I do wish you'd not fan the flames for WaiYan here...

Perhaps I should reduce the amount of times I include *cough*Miss Treasurer*cough* in my blog...
Even though I somehow seem to be enjoying it...

_____________________


Quote of the day :
Me : Maybe I should get you a memo pad for your birthday...
My response to Kak Lai Yee periodically borrowing my memo pad during the meeting today...

No comments: