I'm not kidding. Since yesterday, groups of mosquitoes have been appearing in random locations throughout the house! Yesterday, it was among my clothes in my bedroom. Today, it's around the plates in the kitchen!
So, as usual, I have little to no tolerance for these little suckers. However, I think they're wising up. Yesterday, while hunting for the little nasties in my bedroom, I fixed my eyes on one of them, then unleashed a torrent of blows. Ten to be exact. And would you believe it, it dodged all ten blows! Feeling outsmarted, I left the room for a while.
*Just noticed something. The abbreviation for the "Mosquito Attack Squadron" spells M-A-S. Hmm, very interesting.....
Then I came back later, and resumed the hunt. At last, I finally managed to land a killer blow, when the little sucker came to a rest on my cargo pants. And it was definitely satisfying. Although, the other 2 or 3 seem to have scrambled away...
Until today. Like I said, I found them in the kitchen among the bowls and plates. 3 of them. Swatted at the first one, but it dodged and escaped through the window. The 3rd one also got away, but the 2nd one wasn't so lucky. Although I didn't get a bullseye, I must have hit the air around it real hard, 'cause it spiralled down and landed on one of the bowls, never to rise again.
-WARNING! SCIENCE!-
You know, it's really interesting when you kill a mosquito without squishing it. It's not the first time for me (it's close to a dozen, to be exact). My guess is that when you strike close to a mosquito, air gets forced out from between your hands. This forced out air moves at the same speed as your slamming hands, and carries the same amount of pushing force, which slams into the mosquito (since air travels in all direction), dazing it, stunning it, and killing it (since mosquitoes cannot withstand a great amount of force). "Death by stunning" is my favourite way of killing a mosquito, 'cause I love the satisfaction of killing, without directly striking. Insects only, of course. *evil music plays*
-SCIENCE ENDED-
Well, that should be all for now. It's not over, though, since like I said, some of them got away. I'll be looking forward to hunting down the next"Mosquito Attack Squadron". Exams are nearly over, only one paper left. Tomorrow's a break day, the last paper is on Friday (Isn't it ironic that we have to face History as the last paper?).
And here's the quote of the day, as mentioned previously:
Mark Yong: Who's side are you on, man?!Me, Mark, and Simon Teoh after school. Simon and Mark were shooting at each other about girls, and I was constantly switching sides. It was fun.....
No comments:
Post a Comment