Monday, November 10, 2008

"Garlic Overdose"

Yesterday our family (minus my brother, he was visiting his friend) went over to my grandma's for dinner, somewhere in PJ Old Town (They live in Section 14). We had Bak Kut Teh for dinner, and as you've probably guessed by now, I had a little too much of my share of garlic...

So I've been belching garlic flavour throughout the whole morning. Fortunately, I burp in small doses, which means no one can actually hear, or smell them. Good thing too, since garlic breath would have made conversation extremely difficult.

Oh, and I forgot to bring my calculator to school today. It wouldn't be that big of a deal, if not for the fact that we had the calculation-heavy Chemistry and Physics papers today.....

One more thing, starting from this post I'll be inserting some "Quotes of the Day" at the end of each post. Since today is the first, it'll be a double feature. So, here it goes:

Quote1:
Fiona Teng: Because of him, I scared go canteen already, then I come sit with you loh.
-Fiona and me in the prefects' room this morning, talking about the punishment for being late for briefings.
Quote2: (The following in conversed entirely in Mandarin)
Si Ying: Then you speak in what language with your grandmother?
Me: Mandarin
Si Ying: Hah?
Me: Little bit only.
-Si Ying and me in class, after I told her, Bruce and Wei Chung of last night's dinner.



No comments: