________________________________________

So we're back from a definitely enjoyable breakaway to Penang. This time around, we stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel.
As befitting its name, the place is chock full of stuff related to the rock genre of music. Such as this guy on the right here. >
Another name that was all over the place were The Beatles. Seriously, first there were these busts of them seen here to the left...Then there paintings, portraits, even statues of them! Also, as you can see in the pic on the right, it's like a whole museum in there...
So, anyway...
I couldn't resist...
*Ahem* ... Moving on. The swimming pool- Oh, yeah, you have gotta see the swimming pool...
It's the biggest one in Penang! (So I've been told...) And it's pretty much a whole waterpark in there!
Also of note is how close the pool is to the beach. For all intents and purposes, you can pretty much just sit on the edge of the pool and start playing with sand already...
Speaking of sand, have I mentioned yet how at some parts, instead of tiles, the pool floor really is sand? (Though it's not actually salty beach sand, more of a form of crushed pebbles)
And then we get to the pool at night...
Those are spotlights. In the pool. So much so that the 2nd pic even looks like an amphitheater!
For lodging, we have this...
Of course this wasn't our suite... We stayed in the regular suites further down the hall...
The place boasts WiFi (Penang, duh...), A customized Hard Rock Hotel TV service (complete with Hard Rock Hotel, Cafe, & Lounge performances), and stereo (complete with Ipod dock).
Oh, and check out the bathroom...
There's also the fact that the main shower head is built right into the ceiling itself. Pretty much simulates the feeling of rain (although warm, and very refreshing...). Didn't get a picture of it though...
Moving on. The place doesn't boast much facilities for youth (more on spas, bars, etc...) but there is a Teens' Club...
Besides the foosball and the pool seen above? There's also some next-gen consoles in there. A Nintendo Wii and an Xbox 360. Sadly, they only have "Call of Duty 4" for the Wii and "Unreal Tournament 3" and "99 Nights" for the 360.
Not even a Guitar Hero in sight... How can Hard Rock Hotel be complete without it?...
Oh well... At least it's still a nice place to chill out...
For the record, I beat them both...
It's not Guitar Hero, but it works...
We ate out for dinner the first night. As expected (yet still surprising to me), food there is cheap, at least in the food courts. Like for instance...
The dish above, "Chicken Monte Carlo" costs only RM8.50. Yet is diabolically delicious...
As for breakfast the next day, we ate in at the Hard Rock Cafe. Food there is delicious beyond what I've ever tasted... Including the largest hash browns I've ever seen. Also...
I call it my "Sandwich of the Ages". Named so because I've tried, and could never do the same in any other hotel restaurant I've been to. (Including the ones in Genting)
It's really simple. Scrambled eggs and ham. Chicken and turkey ham. Repeated for all 3 layers. The ham is the key, and the lack of it is the reason why I've never been able to do this before...
Alas, I couldn't finish it thanks to the 2 hash browns, sausages, baked beans, and omelette I had before that. Next time, I'm eating the sandwich first... (Though I did manage to chomp down 3 quarters of the thing...)
Oh yeah. Minor detail, but that whole breakfast actually lasted me till dinner...
Now, where were we...
We didn't do much there, but for the stuff that we did, we enjoyed every last moment of it. Take for example the dune buggy-ing pictured...
The picture doesn't really show it, but for all intents and purposes, I was speeding down the beach on a dune buggy... Fast...
Also, while Mom, Dad and Jon decided to stay on land, I had a run on the open ocean on a jet ski...
I'd link the video, but you can hardly see me...
Little story concerning the jet ski... Naturally, like with the dune buggy, I like to go fast (and for one thing, one can go faster on water than on dry land)... Also, since speeding alone wasn't really much fun, I mixed in a few water tricks... Doughnuts, hairpin turns, zig-zags, S-turns, the works... Bumped around a bit, but still managed to stay on... It wasn't until the guy in charge signaled for me to come in that I turned a little too sharply while going at a very high speed, and, well...
For what it's worth, I find it kinda fun to be thrown off the jet ski into the water like that...
Well, I guess that's all there is to say... Let's just finish off the remainder of the pictures...
That's it for now. Until next time!
_________________________________________


























No comments:
Post a Comment