I'd rather not delve into details of our practices, but lets say that it's not much fun climbing 7 stories, over & over again, furthermore within a single day. It's also not much fun missing classes and having to catch up on homework and notes. (Which leads to one of my newest principles : "Keeping up is better than catching up") Well, through it all, we managed to pull through and delivered a non-too-shabby presentation to the visitors today. (I got to wear my blazer too, after half a year.)
More on the visit, there was also a Q&A session, in which I actually had a question directed at me; "Why did you, an honour student, come back to Form 6?" (This was after Pn. Helawati made me announce my SPM results to the impressed visitors) Pn. Tan & Pn. Helawati answered that for me though, something along the lines of "love for the school" or something like that...
After refreshments, the other guys on the presentation team (sans Vicknes, who didn't show up today) took the visitors on tour through the school, while I stayed back to keep watch over the valuables in the meeting room. (I've had my share of guiding tours around the school, let others have a chance...) After all was said & done, the 6 of us made it back to class in time for Colloquium lecture.
Well, it was an exhausting week (for me at least), but somewhat rewarding. Though, considering the difficulty of Form 6 syllabus, any extra work, even a little, is gonna cause me to fall behind. Therefore, I've decided that next week on, I'll only take up work associated with my duty as a prefect. Let some other fellow do stuff like presentations, etc... (Which reminds me, don't we have an ICT brigade for that? Oh wait, they're having exams...) I suggested to Pn Tan that someone else be given the opportunity for future events. At least she agrees...
No comments:
Post a Comment