Saturday, May 15, 2010

"Tales From The Homeroom - Gotong-Royong" / "250th Post"

250th Post! Okay, now that's out of the way...

Homeroom. If you've watched enough TV, or read enough comics or books, you'd know it as the first class of the day in schools in the US (or follow their system). The class one is assigned to and soon after affiliated with, where the day starts with attendances, class business, etc...

But enough about that. So, whenever I have an interesting story to tell from Pre-U, I'll title it under "Tales From The Homeroom". So, to start us off, I have today's event, the annual Gotong-Royong Perdana (which practically only a quarter of the school came for).

Couple funny things happened today. First, Chen Liong, Classroom Director, didn't buy enough coloured paper to cover even one notice board. Next, we tasked him and Melvyn to find some paint to cover up our graffiti-stained walls. They ended up taking the wrong bucket of paint, and then much later we found out classrooms weren't even supposed to be painted today. (At this point I facepalm-ed the fact that I personally nominated Chen Liong as Classroom Director)

Later however, things brightened up. The rest of our classmates managed to brainstorm a class theme, and we managed to sort out most of the details. Not only that, when the guys painting the staircases came down to the 3rd floor, we actually managed to sneak some of the paint into class, and finally cover up those unsightly marks. Talk about bold classmates! (Of course, eventually, Pn Leena came back looking for her paint. Thankfully, we had Pn Maziah to cover up for us...)

Well, it looks like this coming Tuesday, our class is gonna get a great face-lift! (Monday's Teacher's Day) If any of you guys happen to drop by sometime, feel free to come and visit the soon to come, "Facebook Themed" PPU LS1!

"It's now our class!"

No comments: