Monday, June 23, 2008

Family Fun Weekend

"This is what happens when the brain command for "pose" doesn't make it past the neck..."



Haven't blogged for a while. That's because nothing interesting has happened in a while. That is, until the weekend. On Saturday, our school had a Cross Country event. Me and my dad almost got lost trying to get to Taman Tasik Permaisuri, but we managed to find our way. In record time too! Like last year, the course was a standard 4.4 km run around not just the park itself, but the entire area, stratching out to the football stadium and swimming complex nearby. But the F5 and F6 boys had to run an extra 1/2 km around the lake. Thankfully, I'm not F5, yet.... Managed to get in the top 50, not bad, I suppose. After the event, went home to recharge and get ready for....

Youth Fellowship! I did games today. It's a little something I came up with...
Nope, your eyes aren't fooling you. Those really are LEGO bricks. MY LEGO bricks. I got the YFers to build catapults, and then we lauched them to see who's the furthest. Everyone was so busy building until I had to call several times for them to stop! I guess now they see why I enjoy it so much. Anyway, after YF....

We had Family Night! Oh, yeah, we haven't had it in years! My last memory of Family Night was some games, and playing with Sunday School friends. Those were the days.... Anyway, back to the present, this year, my family didn't join us because my dad hada futsal tournament, my brother had a camp, and my mother.... well. First was a short time of praise and worship, followed by dinner. I don't have a picture of the food, but let me tell you, it was a lot! We even had leftovers! Lots of them! Moving on, we had a time of sharing, and then fellowship. Lot's and lot's of fellowship. It's good for the soul, y'know? We finished at 10.30++, and everyone headed home.

The next day, we had to leave church early to pick up my brother from his camp. No one told us that we actually had to sit out the camp's last talk. I recognized my old teachers, but I don't think they recognize me. Oh, well. I don't blame them. They handle hundreds a year. Anyway, I passed the time on my phone, playing games. Silently, of course. We left shortly after. When I got home, I played computer games for a while, then took a 3 hour nap before....

Dinner with grandparents. Father's side specifically. It's my grandpa's and uncle's birthday celebration. (They really share the same birthday) Cousins Andrew & Stephanie and their parents were there too, and later, we went to their house to cut the cake. We all ended up watching Vantage Point! My family had to leave half-way, because Jon had school the next day, which is today. My school was off after Saturday, so I spent pretty much the WHOLE day playing computer games. The Mega Man Zero Series, in case you were wondering. As of this moment, I've already finished MMZ1 and MMZ2, and I'm going to start MMz3 soon. Too bad there's school tomorrow...

That's all for now! Until my next post!

*Credit to Susanna for the photos*

No comments: