Thursday, November 25, 2010

"And For That I Am Thankful"

Thanksgiving is traditionally an American holiday, though thanks to American media, most demographics have adopted localized versions of it for their own. Celebrated traditionally on the last Thursday of November, origin story, eh, go Google it up.

Over here, though we may not have fancy Turkey dinners and big family reunions for Thanksgiving, (reunions here are for other holidays...) we still no doubt have a lot to be thankful for. Were I to list all that I personally am thankful for, I doubt the whole of cyberspace could contain it.

Few will remember, earlier this year, inspired by the church we now attend, I made up a wish list. If you've clicked the link, you'll find that it's a short one, only two items as a matter of fact. Well, I'm very thankful to say that that wish list has been completely fulfilled. The NXT is already half-a-year old, while the other item, though it's a little different than what I initially wrote down*, is already over a month old. Best part about it is that both are rewards for my SPM achievements, which means no extra expenditure on my part ;D ... Now my parents refer to me as a personification of the age-old adage "Study hard and be greatly rewarded!"

Only by the favour of God is it probable that my wish list gets completely fulfilled in the same year that I crafted it. How great is He indeed. And the same more than goes for my family, friends, teachers, achievements, experiences, memories, possessions, talents, knowledge, and everything else the Lord has bestowed upon me and the people around me. Sure, maybe life's not a walk in the park, but take your time, stop and smell the roses, and realize that we indeed have more than enough to be thankful for.


And that is what I am thankful for.

*It's an iPad ;)

No comments: