Sadly we don't have anyone in school with a name even remotely close to Forrest Gump, so I guess the title is kind of a misnomer...
So, it's SMKC's annual cross-country run. Once again, at Taman Tasik Permaisuri. (This is just a personal opinion, but after 4 years, haven't they thought about going somewhere else for a change? Say, Taman Pudu Ulu?...)
Same ol' route, and for Class 1 boys, same ol' extra 0.7 km around the lake. As for me, same ol' result. I don't know why, but year after year, I always seem to get a place less than 40th, but can never get into the top 30. This year, I got 34th. (The pref Capt was right behind me, at 35th...)
Something new this year, the LEO club was actually selling canned drinks. RM2 per can. (Only 100+ though...) I think I bought 6 cans... (Though I gave one of the m to Kween, who then gave some to Chui Han, but that's another story) What? I was really thirsty... And it's probably better than the bottled water we keep on getting year after year...
Mun Ping. 3rd Place.
Lots of winners, lots of results. Prizes were towels for 1st-30th, medals for 1st-10th, and entire hampers for 1st-5th. I got to be Green House's flag-bearer this year ^.^... Oh, and I guess the part that makes it all worthwhile is that Green House claimed 1st place overall... (Also the fact that I got to have fun going crazy with the flag...)
Photos thanks to Li Wei & Wai Mun.
(And this time Green house's flag wasn't some shirt on the edge of the pole...)
________________________________________
In other news, Paul the octopus has predicted Spain to win the World Cup. Will the "Oracle of Oberhausen" get it right for the final showdown? Who knows! Oh, and if I look like a dead man walking on Monday morning, you can most likely guess what I was up to...
Paul the Octopus image from The Borneo Post.
By the way, you have got to see this! (Whether you're a fan of the World Cup, Lord of the Rings, both, or not...)















No comments:
Post a Comment