So yeah, they sent the team I was supporting into 3rd place playoffs, but you gotta give a hand to the Spanish. Cool, calm, precise, even as the Dutch were threatening to beat the living daylights out of them... Of course, credit to the Dutch too... Managed to hold of La Furia Roja for 126 minutes, normal and extra time. Alas, Vicente del Bosque's tactics finally paid off as a combination strike from Fabregas, to Torres, to Iniesta, finally broke through the Dutch wall...
So, well done Espana! They deserved it...
Oh, and we probably won't see him again (lifespan being up to 4 years and all...) but without a doubt this World Cup will definitely be remembered for one little mollusk...
"Pulpo Paul" sure knows how to draw attention, doesn't he?...
At least Mueller got the Golden Boot... As well as a German team bronze medal...
(I think I might outright switch over to them from France...)
No comments:
Post a Comment