Saturday, September 26, 2009

"Pseudo-Seven"

A while back, I downgraded from Windows Seven back down to XP. Somehow Win 7 on my PC keeps rejecting any attempt to install high-end graphics drivers. Since I kinda need those for games, and since I kinda want to play my games, I decided to switch back.

Still, I've had a taste of the new interface, and I liked it. So, yesterday, when epiphany struck, I customized the visual interface of my Windows XP. Changed the system sounds, changed the mouse pointers, went online to get some pseudo-aero glass themes, and voila. A Windows 7 lookalike.



The only thing left is to change the boot and welcome screens, but that's a bit of a hassle at the moment. In the meantime, I'm left to enjoy my new Pseudo-Seven XP theme.

Oh, and I have a few apps that match the Aero theme quite well. Namely, Google Chrome and Trillian Astra.

____________________


Looks like my holidays will have a highlight after all. (Besides Lookout Point)

Kak Lai Yee was in the neighborhood, at Kopi G this morning. So, after being woken up, I freshened up and walked on over. Was there from late morning till mid-afternoon.

It's a nice way to pass the time...

____________________


Well, the week's almost up. Won't be long before we're back in school again...

And us Form 5s have some unfinished business left to take care off...
(Ready machine guns for the Civics paper...)

Kinda interesting, really. A break in August, another break in September, and break once more next month.

Such is life in a multi-racial, multi-cultural, and multi-festival country...

____________________


Chroniclers' Comics has hit 100 strips!

Give it a visit when you have the time...

____________________




In 5 days , find a way to knock into my head that SPM is only 1 month plus away. In other words, "Wake me up when September ends".

No comments: