Saturday, March 31, 2012

"The Valedictorian"

Not exactly the most accurate word to use, as no valedictory speech was given, but I was given the Overall Best Student Award for 2011, which I suppose is what qualifies one to be a valedictorian in the US. Then again, I did give a speech during graduation, which, again, is something only reserved for valedictorians.

Valedictorian

So I simultaneously am and am not a valedictorian. Quantum Physics. Yeah.

Joking aside, the award is real. The school named me after asking me to write in my entire history of seven years at this school. Then there's also the usual academic awards. STPM, and once again, MUET. They gave me 40 bucks for MUET school level, 50 for the national achievement, a hundred for STPM, and 50 more for the overall thing.

So a quarter of a thousand bucks. Now that's going out with a bang.

People always told me that I'd be doing great things, to which I'd just shrug and thank them. Of course back then, there was no way to know all of this was gonna happen. Heck if anyone told me this was all in my future back then, I'd probably just look at them funny.


And then they'd come and tell me,"I told you so."

And perhaps its a good thing that we don't know exactly what's gonna happen in the future. That way, when great stuff happens, we'd totally be surprised enough to enjoy it. And so will everyone else.

Most. Triumphant. Example.

God has indeed been wonderful in my life. It's truly the year of celebration.

No comments: