Monday, July 25, 2011

"Most Triumphant Example"

Earlier this month was the annual Prefects' Upcoming Board Leadership Camp. (Boy, was that a mouthful...) With my newly-acquired sentimentalism, I sought to make the best of it and ensure that the upcoming board learns some valuable lessons. From the looks of things, it turned out all right, for now. Fun was had.

The week immediately after that was spent in hectic preparations for the also annual Entrepreneur's Day. Prefects, as usual on behest of our teacher advisor, went for the haunted house-song dedication combo. This year, however, in a twist that hearkens back to when we first started the whole thing in 2008, we had competition.

By... my own class??... Well, okay, it was a collaboration between Sciences 1,2, and 3. Much as I would have loved to help, I'm honour-bound to the Prefectorial Board.

Okay, sorry, couldn't keep the straight face. Truthfully my motivation was to upstage their Wonderland... Peaceably of course...

Alas, the week was filled with plenty of s**t. No, really, I mean it. People getting fed up over the pettiest things, arguments and accusations being flung around, pent-up anger expressed in various forms of petty revenge...

And I'm talking about teachers here. No s**t...

Not to say the students were totally innocent. Oh, no, no, no... Not at all... I'm not siding with anybody when I'm making the blanket statement that competitive spirit is kinda poor among the parties involved.

Of course there will always be the select virtuous few who try their darndest to keep the competition clean and healthy... And to these few, I salute, and thank you for showing me that there is hope for humanity.

Until the return of the Angel of Death...

"Speak softly and carry a big stick" - Theodore Roosevelt

To commemorate my last Entrepreneur's Day here in SMKC, I decided to go with the first promo costume I used back in 2009. Sadly, my scythe from that year got lost somewhere in the realms of the undead, so I had to make a new one.

An even bigger one! Downside is that it made the scythe more unwieldy for the likes of me. Indeed, I ended up with sore arms the Sunday after. The staff portion is also kinda shorter now that I looked at it a bit closer...

Also, notice the coupons hanging from the scythe staff. Yeah. To avoid having to reach into my pockets in my costume, I nailed them there and simply yanked the necessary amount off when I wanted to buy something.

Somewhat amusingly, these guys with the balloons tried their hardest to avoid me at all costs...

I thought I should mention, I managed to terrify 3 little boys. 2 were teacher's kids while one was a visitor's. The one from the visitor was almost ready to cry when his dad asked me to come closer...

At the end of the day, our queues were longer, our ratings were better (more accurately, the mainstream liked ours better, while the PPU, expectedly, thought the Wonderland better), and our earnings were higher. At RM3.4k compared to RM2.5k, it's hard to argue with the results. If you wanna do some math, we priced our tickets at RM5 compared to theirs at RM7. 

Until of course both sides found out we'd been beaten by a Form 3-managed foodstall selling sausages & fried stuff, who'd managed to make RM3.5k.

Don't ask me how they managed to do that with food. I'm still trying to wrap my head around that...

After a hard day's work reaping dead souls, the Grim Reaper likes to chill out with his friends over a nice cup of coffee..

A certain few who got into the Wonderland free courtesy of exclusive week-before giveaway VIP group passes. Myself was one of them. I repaid the favour by personally leading a group of them through our Psycho Ward (at their request).

All in all, it was a good day. The day was enjoyed, victory was earned, souls were reaped, exp was gained. A few more and I'll be able to level up!

Haha... Anyway, as I've always said to my prefects, this is why in SMKC, "kita adalah yang terunggul!"

I missed dueling with the prawn though. It's not the same going against fancy halloween costumes...

No comments: