"Be just that little bit crazy enough to make life all the more awesome to live out."
If this year's F6 Council's gimmick for parading the teachers in is any indication, I truly fear for the creativity of SMKC's students in the years to come.
What's so lackluster about it? How about the fact that it's a downright carbon copy of last year's gimmick?
Right down to the carpet and roses. Minus the arch and added the band of course...
The sucker punch is the fact that last year's gimmick was all prefects'... Not helping matters is PPU Council's teacher advisor Pn Shiveh's pragmatism, looking for all the easy ways to do things... Especially when you consider that the awesomeness-ness of Teachers' Days past (pre-Pn Shiveh times) largely had quite a big deal of involvement from F6s...
The rest of the day was pretty common fare; Speeches (I gave a pretty darn good one), song, cake, performances, games...
Of course, seeing as how the PPU chose to start the day on a not at all awesome note, I resolved to forcibly insert my own awesomeness into the proceedings...
This was my outfit for the entire day, from parading the teachers in right until dismissal. Yes, I did indeed carry around that sword and shield throughout the entire day (except during my speech...). Was especially useful as a rallying gimmick for the teacher-vs-student tug-of-war late in the day. Oh, and the superbly sporting Principal even mocked using the sword to cut the big cake (she did of course make sure to never let the sword actually come in contact with the superbly delicious looking cake sponsored by Secret Recipe...). For all intents and purposes, I did, in fact, steal the whole day's show.
And darned be it if it wasn't awesome.





No comments:
Post a Comment