Thursday, April 7, 2011

"Ride the High"

Ever had a time when everything just seemed to go your way?

Well, the effect's kinda worn off by now, but the later half of last week was a real cruise for me. I mean, on Thursday, I got a lift home from Pn Irni after school. Then the next day, after staying back to help out Kah Yee and friends with their MUET Speaking, Wan Loo fetched me home. Later that day I had a really enjoyable time at Youth Cell too. oh yeah, not forgetting the April Fool's tricks I previously posted about.

On Saturday I rejoined Kai Jun and the gang and had a fun time playing futsal after a long hiatus. Then that night, I was invited to an "old HOF YFers" dinner with uncle Dexter, family, and the aforementioned "old YFers". It was fun. Thanks to GarageBand and Sketchbook, my iPad kinda became the centre of attention. Particularly impressed was cousin Elaine. Heh, who'd have thought she'd be quite the gamer?

Two of the best reasons to own an iPad.

Sunday, rest day. Monday, MUET Speaking exam. Our group of Joe Key, Lei Kun, Melvyn and I enjoyed the session, and we did pretty well. Oh, remember the Sports Day - MUET exam clash? The one I even organised a F6 petition for. Well on the same day, the admin had a meeting, so I was told. And I even had a sit-down with the Principal. Long story short, we Form 6s are going to Sports Day!... in about three months or so... (power to the people!)

Everything's subsided about now, but it was a really great wave to ride. Who knows when the next high will come, but for now, it's back to the daily grind.

________________________________________


Haven't had time to experiment with my Mindstorms bot yet. The possibilities are already limitless with the parts that I already have. But it can be expanded even more with these little gems available from LEGO:

A compass sensor to tell direction.         An accelerometer sensor for    
                                                           up/down orientation.
         A sound sensor for, well, sound.       And an IR sensor for detecting infrared.

LEGO. It's not just for kids. It hasn't been since like, ever...


Fun fact: LEGO minifigures represent the largest population on Earth at 4 billion.

No comments: