Saturday, April 16, 2011

"Crossed Fire"

It was a dark and cloudy morning. The sun was not shining, the sky was not blue... It was the day to end the MUET exams...

Okay, it wasn't all that bad. Cool rainy weather is indeed preferable compared to hot scorching heat. Although, funny thing; Before Reading, the first paper of the day, the weather was dark, but fine. After Reading and before Writing, it started to rain, and it slowly got heavier. Then finally before Listening, it went back to a light drizzle. Coincidentally, the Writing paper was said by many to be the toughest. Heh... Reflective weather patterns...

Actually it wasn't really all that tough. It was only tough in that the open essay was a really wide open question; "Friendships are the most valuable things in life. Agree? Disagree? Discuss". Many disagreed. Understandable, as they opined that family and other stuff matter more. Unfortunately, this left them in a bind, as they had difficulty coming up with points to refute the statement and support their view, being the open-ended question it is. As for me, normally I'd disagree, but I didn't have the luxury of time to debate with myself what I would go with if I disagreed, so I just chose to agree and then racked up my points from there. Heh, when I answered Q1, I took my time and ended up spending half the allocated time on it. Then I took half an hour to answer Q2, glanced up at the clock, saw that I had 15 minutes left, and decided to rewrite Q1. Absolutely gunned the thing. My vision blurred, my mind activity spiked, and my hand moved non-stop. Barely finished it just as time was up. Hand's a little sore after that...

Listening & Reading were okay. And with that, we've crossed the fire. Time to wait for the results in three months' time, focusing on the other subjects in the meantime of course...

________________________________________


Oh yeah, almost forgot. For Mom's birthday, we went to The Apartment in KLCC. Yeah, I know, wierd name for a restaurant. Oh, but the food, especially the dish I had, Chicken in a Bag, when I took a bite of it, it was as if I had ascended to a higher plane of existence...

It was good...

No comments: