Well, for this year I'm trying it with my tests, except that each test gets its own different name.
For example, the recently finished first test of the year this week, I called it "The Gauntlet". As in ''run the gauntlet" gauntlet.
The test was only until Wednesday, so we got most of our results back already. It's a... mixed bag... I scored on the Physics paper, but fumbled in Maths T and Chem. (Chalk it up to revising on the wrong topics...) Haven't got back MUET and PA results yet though. Regardless, I obviously still have a lot of work to do. Oh well, here's hoping I can drive it up in time for the Mid-Year Exam, which I've nicknamed "The Crucible". In the meantime, there's the MUET major examinations coming up in three weeks to prepare for. And I call that one "The Crossfire"...
________________________________________
Speaking of names, it seems like an almost certainty that the contraction of mine will never cease to be misspelled. Seriously though, how does one manage to misspell "N-I-C-K"? I mean, sure, my full name doesn't have the 'k', but it's a globally known name dang it! Everyone knows that "Nick" is spelled with a 'k' by default. Everyone, except Malaysians I suppose... I can't even begin to tell you how many times I got "Nic" or "Nich". Nich? And that's just for the contraction. Don't get me started on how many people can't seem to spell my full first name, or even the rest of it right...
And while I'm already ranting and on a roll, why does everyone seem to assume that I do not partake in sporting activities?... Last year when I signed up for the F6 football / basketball club, I had people looking at me surprised and going "You play sports?..." And this week, during sports house practice, I got the line "I didn't know you could jump!" This after clearing high jump practice, oh, and it was from a long time Cochranean. I responded with "I take offence to that..."
Maybe I should respond like that more often...
________________________________________
Holiday week's here. Time to put up my to-do list:
1) Holiday homework
- Maths T - textbook exercises, worksheets, practice tests, discussion session in school on Thursday
- Chem - worksheets, practice tests
- Phys - worksheets
- MUET - essay assignments, prep for exam
2) Projects
- Chronicler's Comics
- School Magazine submissions - Covers, Poems, Stories, Artwork
3) Misc. School
- Prefects' Room decor
- Sports' Day prep
- Science & Technology Week competitions - Invention & Poster
- 1Malaysia Pidato competition
Hmm... It looks like I'm gonna be having a really busy holiday this time around... Seems like just as much of a gauntlet as this week's test. Oh well, at least I get to sleep in...
Oh yeah, there was a spotcheck conducted on the F6 Sciences today. Absolute surprise, even I didn't know about it. Because of that, we managed a haul of almost two dozen phones, the most ever confiscated at any one time as far as I know of. And yeah, it felt good...
________________________________________
Oh yeah, there was a spotcheck conducted on the F6 Sciences today. Absolute surprise, even I didn't know about it. Because of that, we managed a haul of almost two dozen phones, the most ever confiscated at any one time as far as I know of. And yeah, it felt good...
No comments:
Post a Comment