________________________________________
Last Saturday was SMKC's annual excellence awards ceremony. I managed to keep my streak of receiving an award at the ceremony every year since Form 3. This time it's for MUET. I find it interesting because it reminds me of the times I received awards for English, despite there being far more stronger and better suited competitors for that subject...
The major difference this time round is actually something that hearkens back to the first time I attended the ceremony back in F2 (Didn't get any awards then...). I performed as part of the PPU choir. The song choices were... meh. One can only listen to "You Raise Me Up" and "1Malaysia" enough times before they lose their sentimental effects...
However, being the opening act, I did get to choose my own number. In this case it was a slowed-down version of Faizal Tahir's "Gemuruh", with the rest of the choir filing in as the song is played.
"You Raise Me Up" had a funny story behind it. At first, I was supposed to exit stage left after my opening act. But during rehearsals, as I told my parents, somehow or rather, after an interesting chain of events, I got stuck with singing lead instead.
But I definitely did not stick around for "1Malaysia". I let Junaidi rock that one out instead.
Word from the teachers is that the Datuk that attended was impressed enough with the performance that he invited us to do a number for the YP Titiwangsa awards ceremony. But we're not really up to it, seeing as how we've got the MUET major examination, the "Crossfire", coming up. As of this post, the countdown is 3 days to test.
________________________________________
The highlight of this week was the Sukantara events. Predictably enough, hardly a significant number of students showed up. On Tuesday there was a funny moment where me and Kee Keat were the only ones gathered in the hall at 2.20 pm, along with 5 teachers. The teachers said something funny along the lines of "5 teachers monitoring two students as they do all 4 events". I joked that they should just give us a pass for all the events and give 5 points to Green house and 5 points to Blue and call it a day. Heh...
Eventually enough people showed up, though attendance was still kinda miserable... For the PPUs though, it's totally understandable, as Sports Day this year happens to be on the 16th, the same date as the MUET Reading, Writing and Listening exams, and the Principal, predictably enough, doesn't want to shift the date, despite pleas to the contrary by many a teacher. Since we're not going to Sports' Day, why bother taking part at all? Nevertheless, I've sent in a petition with favourable support from the PPUs. Hopefully something works out in the end. As long as there's time, there's hope. And where there's hope, there's faith.
________________________________________
That's it for this time then. It's only gonna heat up from here on until the next breather stretch. Time to face the Crossfire and come out on top.
Note to self : Finish up Magazine articles and submissions by the end of April.
Hmm... I wonder if anybody's gonna do anything for April Fool's tomorrow...



No comments:
Post a Comment