Thursday, March 17, 2011

"Renewable Energy"

Not that I've developed a new form (yet), just another upgrade to my NXT kit. While it may not be solar or wind powered (though they are possible, with third party mods), my NXT now has a replenish-able power source. Or, in other words, a rechargeable battery.

This one, to be specific.

The possibilities are still the same (limitless), just that now I'm no longer hindered by having to replace those short-lived double As anymore. Plus it's cost-beneficial, and more environmentally friendly...

And without that pesky limitation holding me back, I actually had the opportunity to test out something else today...

In case it's not clear, I can now fully access my NXT device from my phone. Whether to select a program to run, or even to take full manual remote control. For the moment I only tested it with a basic robot. Hopefully I'll someday have the time to work out all the possibilities of this thing...

By the way, it feels awesome...

________________________________________


For all our technology though, we can never match nature (Well, it does have home field advantage...) The technologically advanced island country of Japan just can't seem to catch a break. First was the 8.9 Richter scale quake, followed by the massive tsunami (They've prepared for the first for years, but who'd have thought the second one would happen), then fires breaking out, and now explosions at a nuclear plant threatening to fail and cause a meltdown. It could only get worse from here, yet as they've managed to rise above the atomic bombings of WWII, once it's passed, with the same spirit they'll rise above this too. Until then, they, and we, must hope. Hope, and pray. God bless Japan.

And to everyone else, stop complaining about your ******* internet connection. Be actual humans for once.

No comments: