So, I settled on the name "What's Taking So Long?", seeing as that's a question I very much like to ask about a great deal of things. Like, "What's taking nuclear fusion so long?", or "What's taking so long for that new set to arrive here?", or one of my personal favourites, "What's taking the LRT extension so long?"
Then, there's that big question most of us would very much like answered; "What's taking the 2nd coming so long?" (I don't get suicidal when I'm bleak, rather I just wish the world would end quicker)
Thankfully, the Good Lord has graciously given us a checklist so that we can guess how long until the end of the world (Based on Matthew 24):
- Many claim to be Christ (v5) - Hmm... Unsure. Anyone remember any Antichrists lately?
- Wars and rumours of wars (v6) - Checked, checked, and triple checked.
- Famines, Pestilences, Eathquakes (v7) - Definitely checked.
- Tribulation & Persecution (v9) - I guess you can say it's in progress?
- False prophets will rise (v11) - They're probably out there. Not that I know much of.
- Lawlessness abounds, the love of many will grow cold (v12) - This we can all probably testify to.
- Gospel preached to all the ends of the world (v14) - In progress.
The last point on the "checklist" is the clincher. The whole verse reads "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come." That's the last requirement.
So, I guess the real question is, "What's taking us so long to preach the Gospel?"
No comments:
Post a Comment