Irony of ironies. Today after school I stayed back to collect money from the afternoon section prefects for the Teachers' End-of-Year Feast (Why we have to pay for their food, I have no idea). Supposedly I was to be helping Kak Lai Yee collect from them, but an unfortunate chain of events led to her having to dash off early (she literaly dashed off) and left Baizura, the afternoon section Treasurer to help me. That was still okay. The collection went smoothly, and there were no complaints at all (seriously, no complaints!). That's more than I can say for the morning section though.....
Anyway, after that, I left for home. It was around 2.20-2.30 pm. It was drizzling a bit outside, but not enough to do much damage. However, around 2.40++, it started to rain. Heavily. And I was still outside! In a rush, I quickly hoisted my Engineering Drawing bag over my head and used it as a makeshift rain-shield (that's another reason I didn't join Bio class...). I dashed towards the nearest source of shade, which was the office complex across the road from Casa Ria. And here's the ultimate irony; I was merely a road-crossing away from home, and I can't go home! All because of the heavy pouring rain! That brought to mind the phrase "So close, and yet so far".
So I waited. That was around 2.45. It didn't take long for me to predict that the rain will only let up a few hours later, so at 2.50, I decided to take my chances and cross the road in the rain and get home quickly. And now, here I am, telling you what happened. And now, I have to go take a warm shower. Oh, well. Until next time.....
No comments:
Post a Comment