Thursday, October 2, 2008

LEGO, and more of it!

Alone during the holidays ..... Great. Oh, well.....

But there is one advantage, though this makes more sense for people like me. It's that I get more time to spend with my hobby, and as usual, it's the bricks of inspiration.

And like any enthusiast, I keep adding to my brick pool, or collection, if you prefer.

So today, I bought yet another two LEGO sets. Yes, not one, but TWO LEGO sets. Here they are:

8685 KOPAKA NUVA


8945 SOLEK

And, just like two other sets from a previous post, the little guy can piggyback on the big guy:

Now, with these two sets, I've officially exhausted my LEGO funds. It works like this; Every week, whatever leftover I get from my allowance is put into my savings (who doesn't). My family has a system; Half of our savings is for keeps, no touching unless in emergencies, and the other half is spendable. Same applies to my brother. So, now with these two sets, I've managed to drain my 'spendable' fund. So, now, I've gotta save some more before I buy anything else. Good thing there's nothing left to buy until next year...

Oh, by the way, books don't count into my own spending, my parents consider books separate from our bricks, and we are entitled to a book a month each. How's that for instilling reading habits? My brother has been reaping around for Mr Midnight, while I stock up for some "special" ones. And this week, I got to cash in:

Hmhm, even my books centre around LEGO. You can't beat that kind of enthusiasm. Oh, and these are real 'chapter books'. They're not the kiddy, 'picture on every page' kid of book. So yeah, even LEGO can come up with good stories too.

By the way, I'm hunting around for another book, "BIONICLE LEGENDS 9 : SHADOWS IN THE SKY". If any of you spot it, let me know.

Well, that's all for now. Now I've gotta get to work designing a birthday gift for a friend of mine. It's sometime next week. Ciao...

No comments: