Friday, September 5, 2008

New Responsibilities

For the past few weeks, I was being prepared for another set of responsibilities in Christian Fellowship aside from that in the prefects' board. At first, I was quite reluctant to do so, with the excuse that I'm already quite busy with my post in the prefects' board as Counsellor. Before that, someone else was already in line for said responsibility. Alas, an unfortunate turn of events caused him to become unable to take on the task. So I was nominated next, as there weren't a lot of other options to choose from.

As I said, I was quite reluctant to assume said responsibility (I'll reveal what it is in a bit). So began a conflict within myself. The reluctant part of me versus my conscience. Part of me actually wanted the challenge. But later, I was reminded of the the tale of Jonah. No matter how much someone doesn't want to do something, if it is God's will, He'll find a way to make sure that person does it.

So, I decided to accept the responsibility. And I decided that I will serve God's will, no matter what it takes. Only now, as of Friday, 4th September 2008, I will serve Him as SMK Cochrane's Christian Fellowship's new President! And I will remember to "Trust in the Lord always, and lean not on your own understanding". May His will be done!

No comments: