Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Lightning

Lightning. It's destructive, but unlike wild fire, it is precise, calculating, and heavily damaging. The thing about lightning is that it's charged. Unlike spontaneous combustion, electrical charges have to be built up over time. Whereas fire burns and incinerates slowly, lightning strikes only once, but with a massively powerful blow. It is precise, and only strikes critical targets, while fire burns everything without distinction. Lightning is here one moment, gone the next, whereas the heat of the flame lingers on. But lightning is followed by booming thunder, stunning everything in its wake.

So I recently found out that I am like lightning. I need to be charged for long periods of time but when released,I am precise, relentless, heavily damaging, but confined to a small target radius. And like lightning, the following thunder shocks and stuns everyone that can hear it.

Just goes to show how hard it is to be one of the only few remaining prefect traditionalists who still hold on to old, effective traditions and protocols that are sadly forgotten in the wake of new leadership.

No comments: