Today's title could very much be taken either literally or figuratively. Literally because I did walk in the rain after school today. I had stayed back for the basketball competition, but my team didn't show up. So, instead, I went upstairs for chess club. Strangely enough, even when I went back down after chess club, the competition still hasn't started. At this point, I didn't bother anymore. I went to the prefects' room to work on my Chem assignment. It's almost finished aas of this post. I'll finish it by tonight, and tomorrow I can hand it in. Just in time too. Anyway, so as I was doing work, suddenly, the rain that had caused the delay of the competition which had stopped earlier, started again. This time, heavier than before. I had to wait until 5.00 pm before it slowed down enough to be able to walk home. And that's the literal part of "Walking in the Rain".
Before we go on to the darker, figurative part, let's go to what's been happening so far. This morning, there was a sort of "mini" prize giving ceremony as an incentive for the achievers in the mid-year exams. I got mine for 1st placein class, and best in Engi. Drawing. To be honest, there wasn't really any competition in getting those two titles. Congrats to the cheer team, and the UBK team too for their achievements. Also, check this video out. There''s a really interesting little revelation there. Next, Chese Club general meeting is next week, and like last time, I've been assigned to making flyers for the meeting, which have already been done and printed out by the time you read this. Finally, in one short, informative sentence, I just became the Capt's apprentice today.
Now, on to the figurative part of today's title. It seems that I keep getting more & more burdens towards the end of this month. There's assignments, homework, etc... And then there's the matter of the Upcoming Board. I still don't know my future post, and to be honest, I don't want to know until I am officially informed. This means no rumours, gossip, or speculation of any kind. Last time that happened, we had to pay a terrible price for simply knowing, and I personally had to face a real test of loyalty. Up to now, I still don't know if that certain "whose-name-I-won't-mention" prefect trusts me anymore ever since "I" just had to be the "brave" one during that fateful meeting, which "whose-name-I-won't-mention" didn't attend. And everytime I think about this, I get a really bad headache, like the one I got on Friday, and yesterday, and it can last for hours until I get some sleep. No, no, I don't blame anyone. Don't worry, just pray for me, my emotional health specifically...
"When the right thing no longer feels like the right thing"
No comments:
Post a Comment