Thursday, August 30, 2012

"Speedster"

Well whadaya know, I couldn't stay away after all. What was it, like one month? Dang, that last post was one of my best farewell compositions too... But alas, I have need of my little corner of the internet once again. Turns out that I like scribing down the significants in my day-to-days (And if anyone asks, no, it is not okay to turn adjectives into nouns like that), and there's enough space on this just-about-hidden-away-enough blog to do just that.

Somewhere down on one of those little islands in the Blogosphere at the edge of the Sea of Opinions. Source : xkcd

Last weekend was quite the memorable one. Cheras College Cell had quite the outing at the Shah Alam Stadium go-kart circuit on Friday. The real deal this time, not those dinky little kiddy rides the likes of which one finds in Sunway Lagoon or Genting Highlands. Pure speed, pure power, and all of it felt through the pulsating vibrations of the kart as it thunders along at around... er, well, I'm not really sure since there was no speed ratings posted anywhere, but heck it was still fast.


Our group doesn't seem to be the take-pictures-to-commemorate-events type, so here's an "artistic impression".

Followed up by dinner at Ikea (mmm, meatballs), and some wandering around wondering what to do next. After a while, we just went home. But not before having our well-wishes and all-the-bests for one of our own, Hay Teng, heading overseas to further her studies. And the Sunday after, I got quite the erm, "experience", riding with Max, Daniel, and Jon Koo as they pretty much just barrelled down the highways at speeds enough to make the go-karts look like wagons; to get the the airport to send her off. As I said to Max, "I'm impressed, and somewhat terrified." And then again as we raced against time back to church.

That feeling you get when you use words that don't really belong in the same sentence, or same paragraph, together...

Somewhere in between all that, I finally got around to working on one of those projects lurking at the back of my mind for quite some time now. And here it is:

0203

The Pagani Zonda Cinque, in LEGO Technic form; Complete with Mindstorms NXT motors and sensors to give it some self-driving capability. As soon as I get around to programming it, of course... For now I'd say it's definitely a landmark project for me.

And so wraps up quite the speed-themed weekend. Well, it really is fun writing all this once again. I suppose it's as much a part of me as is making and creating. But then again, writing is just as much a creative art as drawing, building, and whatnot, so yeah. Love Manifest lives on, and it shall be a testament to all the good in my life.

1 comment:

sally3390 said...

Thought you will not update this blog anymore... Surprisingly... You are still here to write. Muahaha!