Yeah. So very, very different.
So the thing is, yeah, turns out I won't be blogging forever. Not that there hasn't been much to blog about- There's plenty, like how last Friday the local universities people released the offers to applicants across the country, and I got offered a place in Universiti Teknologi Malaysia to do a degree in Science. In Physics.
Physics...
And well, sure, physics is fun and all, and it's gonna be near LEGOLand (Opening September 15th, by the way) and Singapore and what not, and I wouldn't mind doing Physics at all and join the great ranks of the likes of Einstein, Sagan, and Hawking, and getting to shoot subatomic particles in CERN and discover things like the boson-that-appears-to-be-but-has-not-been-confirmed-to-be-the-Higgs-Boson. But this is a Malaysian local university. I'd be graduating as a Malaysian physicist. Do you know how many contradictions there are when those two words are put together? If I showed up in Geneva with a degree from here, I'd probably be laughed at and made into a test subject or something. Also, physicists require lots of high-tech well-maintained equipment to do research and stuff, of which you'll not find here. And people get to do research at CERN and whatnot because their universities tie them to CERN and whatnot. When has any Malaysian university tied-up with a particle accelerator facility? Suffice to say, nobody's gonna be researching bosons here any time soon.
Particle accelerators... loads of fun.
So... anyway... yeah, there's always stuff to blog about, and there always will be. But there may not always be time to blog about those stuff. Especially for the likes of me, who carefully crafts each passage he types, choosing the words that sound about right. I can take up to an hour or more to post an entry, and as anyone knows, time is a precious commodity. Not right now, of course, since I'm still between life stages and am kinda nothing but free until the end of the week. Even the Blogger app on my iPad doesn't get much use, since with the advent of Facebook's Timelines, it's much easier to keep track of everything, to show instead of tell, and to go back and view it all again at whenever.
Not that I've done that recently, no... Why do you ask?
There are lots of things people outgrow, things that certainly made a lot of sense once upon a time, but after a certain point, not so much any more. And I guess I've outgrown blogging. Sharing my thoughts in my little corner of the internet, not completely sure of who reads my posts since nobody ever leaves comments around here...*ahem*... not that it's necessary any more thanks to Facebook. Boy, who would've thought Facebook could kill even blogging.
Powerful is this book of faces...
Oh, for those who're wondering, yeah I snubbed the UTM offer. My school teachers commented that it could be this thing local unis do when they don't have enough places, but they really want a particular student to study there, so they give a spot in some other class the student has chosen as a backup. I call b******* on that since if they wanted me that much, they would've given me what I want (Dad says maybe I got a spot in that class because, well it's not like a lot of people want to be doing Physics now, do they?) and what I want is to study Mechatronics Engineering, as I've chosen long before, and I will be doing just that somewhere else. Somewhere... quite close by really...
You didn't hear this from me, but apparently they've been given full university status
and are gonna change the name soon... again... Also, they've got a fancy
new campus on the way...
A while back I was a little bit miffed that most everyone I know will get to go across the waters to pursue their education, but now I'm at terms with my situation, because I've been surprised many times now, and there's more to the plan than what may seem. Far, far more...
More than I could hope or dream of...
Well, would you look at the time. It's been over an hour since I started typing, just like every other time. So I guess that's it. January 7th, 2008, The Inventor's Inspiration. Two name changes and a lot of life events and moments later, July 19th, 2012, Love Manifest. I'm not deleting the blog, just gonna leave it up. Maybe I'll come back someday, when I have need for a little place on the internet again. But for now, this is it. The messenger herald signs off, at last.




No comments:
Post a Comment