Now if only stations were located at more convenient junctions. Like in Singapore.
And this job is much, much better than sitting around and making phone calls all day.
________________________________________
So, what CTWorkshop does is something of a teaching programme. Aimed at kids preschool to primary, they teach engineering and mechanical basics through the use of computers and LEGO.
Yup, that's right. LEGO is one of the mediums of instruction.
Alas, we use their products, but don't actually operate under their banner.
More. Way more.
They also teach game design & programming, digital animation, and movie making. And might I say from what I've seen so far, the aptitude demonstrated by the kids is astounding.
For my part, I help out with some of the teaching, and sometimes even take on some of the kids myself. The kids are okay. Just your average run-of-the-mill energetic, creative little dudes. Though, a few times, my capacity for patience amazes me, considering how high school went.
But hey, God is all-powerful. His mercies are never ending. And His love lasts forever.
And with a gig, out of many other kinds of part-time work I could have done, where on a slow day I have permission to free build with LEGO, and on a busy day I get to teach kids how to play with LEGO- Just goes to show God's amazing love and grace to grant us the desires of our hearts.
By the way, quite a bit of time on the job is spent doing cleanup. Yet cleanup in this case is strangely satisfying. Probably because it's LEGO bricks I'm sorting and putting back...
Still way more.



No comments:
Post a Comment