Sunday, January 1, 2012

"Love Manifest"

"In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him." - 1 John 4:9

Been meaning to change the blog name for a while. I'm no longer anxiously waiting for things to happen, so I no longer feel the need to ask "What's Taking So Long?"

Instead, with all that has happened in the past year and how I managed to get through all of it, I'm naming this blog in recognition of He who sees us through the bad so that we may enjoy the good.

Indeed, I guess I've become a little more prayerful throughout the events of last year. Being in a new church helped a lot too, with the uplifting and powerful atmosphere. I even got my soundtrack for daily life from them.

The list has grown quite a bit since then...

It's said that the love of God manifests itself anyway, anyhow, in any form, to minister to us. The new church, new friends, powerful music, they're all among the many different ways the love of God has manifested to me in the past year. You know, come to think of it, life itself is a manifestation of love. We were conceived out of love (did I just say that??). In essence, we are walking manifestations of love. That's why we can love, because we were created with love, from love, by the One who is love, and who first loved us.

In fact, creation itself is a manifestation of love. The bright sun, the blue sky, the lovely fields, and so on... If someone else had created this world, we'd probably end up with a planet like Venus. And just so you know, Venus is an earth-sized barren wasteland filled with an acidic atmosphere and scorching ground. No, it takes  a loving God to craft a sun to give heat and light, a planet located just the right distance away from the sun to sustain life, and then life itself. So yeah, in essence, love is what allowed us to exist.

And then there is of course the ultimate manifestation of love. The reason why we celebrate Christmas and Easter. "Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends." - John 15:13. Like that one song says, "Love came down and rescued me".

With a love like that, one can't help it but to celebrate!

Happy New Year! Looking forward to experiencing more manifestations of God's amazing love!

No comments: