I kinda underestimated the true number of photos of me that were taken that day. I've thought of just lumping them below the previous tribute post, since I've run out of paragraphs to intersperse them between.
Then again, perhaps I do have some additional thoughts to put to screen. So I've started a new post here just for that. (And also to handle any more pictures that show up online)
If given the all too desirable chance to do it all over again, knowing what I know now, would I have done things differently?...
Perhaps. Maybe some of the little things I'd change. But you know what? Despite all that has transpired, it was fun. It was, in all honesty, one of the most fun times I've had.
Because unlike other years where much time was spent chasing dreams at certain expenses, this year, especially in the last month and a half, I've learned what it truly means to stop and smell the roses.
And it's not a lesson one can learn while being caught up in the rush of organisation, or while constantly questioning one's own motives and actions. No, it can only be learned while being "just that little bit crazy enough to make life more awesome to live out".
I thought I had that principle nailed down mid-year, but no. Because that line was never meant to be lived out by one's own self. The wording was right. But, all along, it was meant to be lived out, with friends...
Seven years ago, my parents took the most pivotal of actions by enrolling me in SMKC. I would graduate once five years later, but had I not come back, I would have been left grossly incomplete. Because up to F5, all I ever did was strive and achieve. And strive, and achieve.
Last year, my teachers kept saying in one way or another that Pre-U properly prepares one for life. While they may have said that in the context of discipline, motivation and work ethic, in this case, I guess it's way much more than that.
So, would I be willing to go through it all again? Well, if it's with the same, crazy fellows, then hell yeah. I wouldn't have it any other way. Though I would probably prefer to skip through to these past few weeks just after retirement...
"These moments in time do not last forever, except in these moments alone."
So thanks, guys. Thanks for teaching me how to enjoy life. And thanks, God, for giving me just about enough time to figure it out, before I missed it altogether. I may still be a little on the quiet side most of the time, but truthfully, I'm enjoying every little moment of all of it. So thank you. All of you, for all of it.
Happy Graduation.
"Once a Cochranean, always a Cochranean."















No comments:
Post a Comment