Ah, spring... When things start heating up and flowers start blooming. Well, maybe not here, since flowers bloom all year... Then again, the heating up part... yeah, not so much either. I seriously haven't seen the sun in close to a week... Ah, but I did fall to the flu bug a while ago, though it would really be a stretch to call it either spring or hay fever... While we're on that, what is grace but the healing of my flu merely days before Chinese New Year and all the good food...
So yeah, Chinese New Year. Unlike years past, I'm gonna blog about it in advance, since it's pretty much the same thing every year. Visit relatives, mix & mingle, catch up, eat the food, collect the moolah, yada, yada, yada... Well, it's tradition, and I'm not complaining...
So the next lunar year is apparently the year of the Metal Rabbit. As if it wasn't already hard enough keeping track of the 12 animals, now we gotta factor in the 5 elements too?... Eh, oh well, it's not like it affects us in anyway at all. I like this little gem of a (paraphrased) line from Gizmodo, "The stars are just giant flaming balls of gas that don't give a d*mn about when you are born, what you're gonna do, what's your day gonna be like, who you'll meet, etc, etc..."
So back to the Metal Rabbit thing. You know, first time I heard it, the first thing that came into mind was something like this:
Ridiculous? Yes it is. But hey, Sometimes you gotta do something to make traditions a little more fun to practice...
At least it's not as bad as this:
Heheh... Looks like I'll be having fun interpreting all the different animals in different elemental forms from now on... Hmm, Fire Dragon?...
Happy Chinese New Year, people!
*Trivia : 1992 is the year of the Water Monkey. Doesn't sound very badass at all...


No comments:
Post a Comment