Sunday, August 29, 2010

"Some Things Worth Hoping For"

Just as recently as a week ago, I was the kind of person who'd just stand by and watch this country burn if it ever came to that. (Chalk it up to all the wall-banger news and statements we keep reading about)

But somehow, I don't feel that way anymore...

Message this Sunday was by the renowned Bob Fitts. (Incredible God-gifted musician is he...) He based on the familiar passage of 1 Corinthians 13, with emphasis towards verse 13, "And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love."

And in the midst of that, I was reminded of 1 John 4:19, "We love Him because He first loved us." And three verses before that, "Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another."

Personally, I have no problems showing care towards my fellow man. It's just that after reading so much on the evil in this world and the people who refuse to change their ways, well that kind of exposure can turn even the warmest hearts to stone. But lately I discovered that the thousands in this country who pray for revival, well, they are indeed praying.

John 3:17 - "For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved."

As Jesus did not come to condemn, neither should we. In time, those who do wrong and do not own up to it will face divine judgment, and that is between them and God. As for the rest of us, we still have a job to do here on Earth.

So keep praying. One of these days, we'll break through yet...


Though don't expect me to go eco-friendly anytime soon. I still very much think humanity should get what's coming to it after all it's put the Earth through...

Happy 53rd Independence Day...

No comments: